Room in the Inn provides meals, shelter and community to the homeless in the Nashville area. St. David’s rotates with several local churches and hosts the event every second Saturday starting in November and ending in March.
Our team provides the dinner, breakfast, toilet items and clothes on occasions. The opportunities to help include:
- Bringing dinner and breakfast items
- Donating toilet items for the giveaway bags
- Setting up the sleeping area
- Setting up and taking down the eating area
- Driving the van to and from the shelter
- Clean up
- Spending the night
- Making our guest feel welcomed and cared for
To be part of this outreach program, please contact the church office or program coordinator Jim Irwin.
The next opportunity to help host Room in the Inn is Saturday, Jan. 9.
St. David’s is involved in a variety of areas of Mission & Outreach both locally and overseas. Some of our other mission and outreach programs include:
- Hispanic Lunch
- Mekong Blue
- Urban Housing Solutions
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Daughters of the King