To kick off the fall season, Saint David’s Episcopal Church in West Meade will hold a Festival of the Arts, a free, family-friendly community event for all ages, on Saturday, Sept. 9, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“We’re excited to invite the entire community to our beautiful campus,” said the Rev. Carolyn Coleman, the church’s rector. “Our church family has worked hard on planning activities for everyone. Come for an hour or the entire day. There will be something for everyone.”
Some of the highlights for the day include:
Outdoors, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Bake Walk: Participate in the bake walk and win a cake, bread, pie or cookies.
• Bounce House and Big Bubbles: Weather permitting, there will be a bounce house for the kids as well as an area for making giant bubbles.
• Face and Bald Spot/Head Painting: Painting is not just for faces anymore. Have your face (or bald spot/head) painted by one of our talented youth.
• Food Trucks: Come hungry. Food will be for sale from Califarmia, Roadhouse Grille and Crankees Pizzeria food trucks.
• Performing Arts Showcase: Our version of a talent show. Our parishioners will show off their many talents.
• Prayer Flags and Prayerful Thoughts: Say a prayer or contribute a prayer request as we weave a colorful box of good thoughts.
• Putting Green: Challenge yourself or a friend on our putting green.
• Saint David’s Rocks: A simple act of kindness making a big impact on communities across the country, Saint David’s is getting in on the rock-painting action with “Saint David’s Rocks.” Paint a rock and take it home or hide it in the community for someone to find to brighten his or her day.
• Trail Hikes: Saint David’s trails were recently cleared as part of a Girl Scout Bronze Award project. Check out the beauty of the neighborhood on a short, guided hike.
Indoors, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Arts and Crafts Exhibit/Poets’ Corner: Check out the artistic talents of our congregation as well as the work of our published authors. Poets will also read their work in the Poets’ Corner.
• The Science Lady: Mrs. Ann, The Science Lady, will lead a science experiment for children of all ages.
Indoors, 2 to 4 p.m.
• Performing Arts Showcase: The day will conclude with indoor performances from 2 to 4 p.m.
Saint David’s Episcopal Church is located in West Meade at 6501 Pennywell Drive. Find us on Facebook here, Twitter @stdavidsnash and Instagram @stdavidsnash.